Tava Chapati !!

Chapati's are frequently made at my place. My husband and I both love eating chapatis. Due to that its always been an experiment making chapatis. Initially I used to always get incorrect proportion in preparing dough or I would never get a round Chapati. There have also been instances when my chapati came out so thick and crispy that you could eat it like a papad. But my consistent practice, I was able to make good chapatis. 

Ingredients :
Wheat flour - 2 cup
Salt - 1/2 tsp 
Water - 3/4 cup
Oil - 1/2 tsp (optional)

Method :
1) Add wheat flour, salt in a wide bowl and mix them well. 
2) Add water little by little to form a soft solid dough.
3) Add oil and knead it again till it becomes not be too tight or too loose.
Simple test at this stage is when you pick a sample small piece it should be solid and non sticky.
4) Now break the dough into small pieces.
5) Roll these balls evenly using your palm
6) Roll each ball into thin circles evenly by dusting flour as required.
7) Heat tawa and keep in medium flame.
8) Add the flattened out roti dough and wait for few seconds.
9) Once small bubbles begin to appear, flip it to other side.
10) Wait for few more minutes till brown spots appear.
11) Carefully flip it over again till both sides are cooked and transfer it to hot pack. 
12) Repeat the same procedure for all other roti balls. 

No comments:

Post a Comment